Saturday, June 13, 2015

Career or not to Career

Generation Xers - do we buy into the world of working for the "man"? Or do we want something more fascinating, more enriching, more luxurious without the grind of the 9-5 (or in my case 8-630- ouch!)? I'm in search of the solution to my genX dilemma.

The movie the Beach was a great encapsulation of what life could be like if there isn't a pressing need for the biweekly paycheck. What fun things could we do? I know for a fact that I have so many items in my to do list that it could take a while to get to a steady state of boredom. Classes to take, people to see, sports to play and house to clean! Think about all those pet projects you never started. With some freedom you could. 

Where do we find this balance? How do we exit the freeway of life to smell the roses? Some have done it. So if you have, tell me how do you start the signal 100 ft away so I can zoom through. 

Till the next blog... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home